I recently upgraded my Surface Pro to use the final version of Windows 8.1. Ever since that upgrade, I was having a lot of problems with the Wi-Fi essentially hanging, which required me to disconnect and reconnect, sometimes as often as every couple of minutes.
After some searching, I found new drivers for the Wi-Fi and have been running them for the last couple of weeks with no issues.
Here’s the information on how to obtain the new drivers:
- Download the CAB from the Windows Update server
- Double click the CAB file from the folder you downloaded to and extract all the files to the folder of your choice
- Go to Device Manager (Windows key+X, click Device Manager in the popup menu)
- Find the Marvell AVASTAR 350N Wireless Network Controller device in the “Network adapters” node of the Device Manager
- Right click on the Marvell device and choose Update Driver Software
- Choose to select the location of the new driver manually and browse to the folder where you extracted the driver
Hope this helps you as it did me!